Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I need to be honest

I have been feeling so guilty lately so I need to come clean and get this off of my chest.  
I have not started the work out part of the Jamie Eason program yet.  
I know I'm a total slacker!  I feel so bad! 
Actually, work and school have been crazy busy with STAAR testing and my professors decided to pile on the work for the last month.  I am never caught up and am just trying to stay afloat.  
I've also had to find another position for next year so that has taken time to interview and look up other schools.  
It has been cray cray around here.  
I know what you are saying...excuses, excuses.  As my mom would say, "Suck it up buttercup." 
I haven't been a complete failure though.  
I have started her eating plan and it is going pretty well. 
 I'm living by the it is 70% what you eat and 30% working out to lose weight.  
Something is better than nothing, right?   
I did change the meal plans up a little because it is pretty much impossible to eat certain foods every few hours while teaching.  
My students love me eating in front of them all the time.  
I will have my week 1 weigh in tomorrow morning so we shall see if there has been any progress on the scale.  
Here is my typical eating so far:
6am 2 egg white, bell pepper, and mushroom cups
7:30am half a banana or strawberries
9:00am protein shake(I had to change this because that is the beginning of school)
12:00 chicken, brown rice, and peas
3:00pm lean meat and veggies or think thin bar or mixed nuts(again I can't just leave my room and heat up food so it is hard to do the meat and veggies)
6:00pm lean meat, veggies, and 1 starch(dinner is where I switch it up quite a bit so I don't get bored)

I'm not a big fan of sweet potatoes and I've tried them multiple times, but last night I made this loaded sweet potato and it was delicious.  Definitely a new favorite!
 I really wanted this cheesy chicken pasta I made for the hubs and kiddos. 
 Too bad my kiddos hated it and I spent an hour forcing my daughter to eat it so that she could have dessert!  
Yes, I just might have a long video of her throwing a fit at the dinner table as my husband eats "her dessert" because she won't eat dinner.  Hilarious!
She is a Chocoholic and suffers through dinner each night so she can have it!
Am I teaching her bad eating?  
IDK but at least she eats dinner.
I guess the tons of leftovers I made will be thrown away.  Who doesn't like velveeta and pasta?  Ugh...

2 comments:

  1. I would be so all over the velveeta and pasta it's not even funny!

    It took me a while to get used to sweet potatoes too. Now I just slice them up, dump a brickton of rosemary on them, and roast them. That's my favorite way to eat them - kind of like fries or chips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sweet potatoes, always have :) Maybe you could just not make desert? Then it wouldn't be a you have to eat this for a treat thing?

    ReplyDelete