Thursday, April 25, 2013

Gotta stay strong

I finally went for a run today.
It has been a long 3 1/2 weeks since my last work out.
Have I told you I was in a funk?
It consisted of sugar and my lazy ass on the couch watching TV.
BUT today was a new day, for the 37,000th time, and I was determined to do something good.
As soon as I got home I changed into my running shoes and headed out the door.
I knew I wouldn't be able to do much because I hadn't worked out at all in some time.
I contemplated 3 miles, but decided that for me to feel like I actually pushed myself I had to do 4.
It was at about 1/2 mile in when I first thought, "Oh crap this is gonna be hard."
So, I told myself to just keep going.
I knew I would get tired quickly and would slow down quite a bit as the run went on.
I decided to make a time goal to keep me going.
I figured 9 min/miles would be a good push, but not overzealous.
I just kept focusing on pace and trying not to worry about the fact that I was so tired and it was so hard (twss) at mile 1!
The whole thing pretty much sucked.
I shouldn't have expected anything else, but I had this crazy idea in my head that it was going to be relaxing and easy.
My mind plays these tricks on me all the time.
Like telling me, "damn girl you look good in that outfit."  Just to see a pic later and think "what the hell was I thinking!"
I really need a personal shopper because I have the hardest time picking out outfits that fit my body and enhance my good qualities.
That is another post itself.  Maybe later
Back to the run.
I really had to push myself and stay focused from mile 3 to 4 because I really wanted to quit and walk just a little.
I didn't.
I stayed strong.
I finished in 35:19.
Hell ya, I beat my 9 min/mile pace.
That's how you feel accomplished.
Never give up.
You will feel better after.

3 comments:

  1. I needed this update today. I too have been in a funk of blah. Just eating like crap and being a couch potato. Today the treadmill and I have a long overdue date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's awesome!! I've also been slacking in the eating department, but kept up with my running. I just know if I stopped I'd never get it back. That's great you went right to 4 miles! I still hardly do that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kettleballs and sandbags are another helpful gym
    tool practiced to increase might. Exercise is very important especially needed for growing children.



    My web page ... historia piwa

    ReplyDelete