Sunday, September 25, 2011

Is there a difference?

I know this is an odd post, but I am looking for little improvements each month to keep myself motivated.  I went shopping with my mom yesterday and the jeans I tried on were a size bigger than I thought I would be able to fit in so I was feeling a little depressed at the end of it all.  Also, it is so gross to look at my stomach when pulling pants up because the bending over and squishing that occurs looks horrible and I just about vomited in my mouth.  The wrinkled and stretch marked stomach needs to go, but the rest of me is getting better.

 Just in case you didn't notice, I put an updated photo of myself for September.  I was comparing the August and September photos and at first I didn't think they looked different, but then I really took a look and I definitely find differences.  I have only lost 6 lbs from one pic to the next and it might be the outfits, but my mid section is looking better.  In clothes, it doesn't look as flabby and maybe a little flatter.  YAY!!!

Also, my BMI has been "overweight" for as long as I can remember.  So, I looked it up just to see where I stand as of today and I am 1 point away from the "normal" range.  This is only about 5 more pounds! I am so ready to be "normal" again.  HAHAHA!  If that is even possible.  This post isn't intended to look at my faults, but instead to point out the positives.  I am proud of what I have accomplished thus far and intend to do more.  I do feel better about myself when I go out and not ashamed.  I still have areas to improve and so my goals from now through October are to lose 5 lbs and tone up.  My main focus will be on toning and not the weight.  I am really going to try focusing on not being bogged down by the number on the scale.  Do you have any short term goals?

1 comment:

  1. omg is it bad that i totally laughed out loud when you talked about your tummy? because I SO DO THAT TOO!!!!! {big surprise, we are like twins} I do think your stomach looks flatter! I wouldn't worry about the jeans they all run different, if they are 'teen' sizes then they would run small :) you look super skinny in your new pic, hottie!

    ReplyDelete