Friday, September 2, 2011

My New Addiction

Since all of my clean recipes for dinner lately have been so yucky, I have been having to eat something else and it has to be quick because I already wasted my whole evening cooking stuff that was totally disgusting.  That new quick food is now something I crave every night and I don't really care about cooking anything else.  What is it?  Good old fashioned oatmeal.  Poor Chad just gets to find his own food some nights because I don't cook and I make myself some oatmeal.  Weeknights are so busy and I am so exhausted when I come home.

I love oatmeal with agave instead of honey, because the honey seems to give it a little bit of an odd taste.  Agave nectar sweetens it up without the nasty aftertaste of honey.   After the agave, I add some cinnamon and voila a yummy bowl of deliciousness that also cuts my sweet tooth in the evenings.

I know I could eat my oatmeal in the morning, but then I would have to cook for dinner and I love eating my whole grain bread with peanut butter for breakfast.  I have found myself in a routine with certain foods, but I'm still loving them so that is all that matters.

What is your favorite food or meal?  I always like to hear and try new recipes.    

No comments:

Post a Comment