Friday, August 9, 2013

Normal Gym Routine Change

I try to get the most out of my gym sessions.
During the summer I have no problem spending 2 hours at the gym everyday because I have nothing better to do.
It becomes part of our routine.
My kids love going to the gym to play.
There is a HUGE play area with computers and coloring, toddler area, infant area, basketball court, slides, climbing toys, and many other toys.

Now that school is back in session I have to shorten my workouts.
I either have to go before work or right after.
I know my kids would go after work, but I feel so bad feeding them dinner past 6:30.
Is that weird?
Don't get me wrong...they are not starving.
Their school gives them snacks at 3:30 and around 5 if they haven't been picked up yet.

Typically I do 30-45 minutes of cardio, abs, weights(different muscle groups each day), then 15 minutes of cardio.
This has to change.
I think I'm going to cut out the last 15 minutes of cardio and make sure I get through my weights a little quicker i.e. stay on track with 20 second breaks in between sets.
I get a little distracted people watching and listening to music :)
That is a whole other post on its own...
The changes should put me around an hour and 15 minutes to an hour and a half.

I'm really looking forward to working out during the school year since last year it was impossible for me to go in the morning due to graduate work.
Hopefully my internship this semester will not take away all of my time, but I do have 240 hours to accrue in 1 semester  on top of teaching full time.
I have no idea how I will get that many....

Whatever doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

2 comments:

  1. Im having a hard time trying to fit it all in too - so frustrating, I wish I wasnt in grad school or a working mama so I could have all the time in the world to work out :( Sounds like your gym is awesome by the way!!

    ReplyDelete