Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Healthy Banana Bread

I'm throwing a quick post at you today because I have my last paper of the semester to write and turn in today.
I have to share this recipe for healthy banana bread that I made yesterday with the kiddos.
It is really good and doesn't taste "healthy."
I had some ripe bananas and I didn't want to wast them so I looked up some recipes and then made some changes to make it a little better for you.
Yes, I had to try it before I took the picture. Needed to make sure it was worthy.

Recipe:
4 bananas, ripe
1/2 cup Truvia Baking blend
1/2 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups  whole wheat flour 

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
Place bananas in a large bowl and mash with electric mixer. (I put all of the wet ingredients into my VitaMix and blended)  
Stir in sugar and let stand 15 minutes. (I only let it stand for about 5-8 minutes while I put all dry ingredients in another bowl)
Add applesauce and eggs and beat well.(Again, they went into the VitaMix with the bananas and sugar)
I put all of the dry ingredients in a big bowl, stirred them together, and then added the wet ingredients.
Pour into greased 9x5 loaf pan.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Remember:
It isn't healthy if you eat the whole loaf in one day. 
Don't judge me...it was a long day filled with lots of tears.
BUT I am a strong believer that portion control is the number one key to weight loss.  





No comments:

Post a Comment