Tuesday, July 23, 2013

New Table

A few posts ago  I mentioned that I am re-doing my kitchen table.
Well, it still isn't completely finished, but i decided I would go ahead and show it off a little.
Here is the before

 I'm not a fan of light wood and it seems that all older pieces are lighter.
This was graciously given to us, so I figured that I would take it and paint it.
I was going to do something completely different, but then decided white would be good because it will match any decor I may decide to use.
This took me a good 3 days to complete.
 On the bottom, I applied 2 coats of primer, 2 coats of white paint, sanded it down some to give it a worn look and then applied a glaze.
The top and the chairs were re-stained with a dark stain.
I sanded the top, applied denatured alcohol, lacquer thinner, and sanded some more to get rid of the old top finish.
The table top didn't get quite as dark as I would have liked, but after 5 coats I was done.
 The chairs were only given one coat of stain, but it took me ALL day just to do the one.
Overall, I'm really happy with the final project.  
If only I can get my booty to the gym now...

Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. That turned out so cute!!! Now come over to my house and do that lol. New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I love the detail on the sides of the table. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the table!! Now can you come to my house and do that for me?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete