Thursday, March 7, 2013

So glad I can breathe again

I'm back!!!  I have been dying over here(that's what my dramatic hubby would say if he was sick) and finally I can see/feel the light at the end of the tunnel.  

I don't get sick often, actually I'm usually the only person in my house that doesn't get whatever is going around.  It's probably because I'm a teacher so I'm around crap all the time and I worked in an emergency room before that so my immune system is top notch.  I typically get some sort of sinus/head cold once a year, but nothing a little Sudafed can't kick in a day or 2.  This time was different and the medicine didn't even dent the pain and pressure.  On top of that, sorry TMI, I got a UTI.  I've never had one, but it was horrible, so I called up my doctor that I've only seen once when I had my car accident and they got me in yesterday.  One strong antibiotic later and I feel like I'm on top of the world again, well back to normal anyway.  

What else is going on?  Well we decided to change Luke's bed to a toddler bed due to him always being half way out and he is 2 years old now.  BIG mistake.  This boy is out of his bed all the time!  This is how I found him one morning.  


I really don't mind him sleeping on the floor, but the all night cry sessions have to stop.  I do not have a newborn right now so I should not be going through the cry it out method again.  Luckily, he has gotten better since my hubby insisted on just letting him cry the other night.  Have I mentioned that he screams?  Yep even as a little baby...it is hardcore screaming not just crying.  My daughter kept yelling from her room, "Luke get in your bed" in her best mommy voice.  She likes to be the boss.  It was hilarious.  
So lack of sleep and sickness at my house have been so much fun.  
I will be back at it today.  I have not worked out in 3 days and it is killing me.  I will be hitting the gym hard for the next 3 days.  We leave on Sunday for our cruise!  Can. not. wait.  Don't worry...I will be using their gym everyday as well.    







1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry but I had to lol! I can see my oldest daughter playing mommy too. Sorry you haven't been feeling good... But your hair looks awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete