Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I'm not going to freak out..1st Weigh In

I have decided that I am going to stay true to my words and focus on building muscle and not about what the good old scale tells me.  This is going to be a huge struggle because y'all know that I feel a need to weigh myself everyday or my day just seems off and I am a little lost.

So far so good...this morning was the first time I have weighed myself since Saturday.  I am going to weigh myself once a week on Wednesday.  Now what was not so good, was my shocked face when I read 155.4 lbs this morning and I am trying to not freak out.  I have to keep telling myself that muscle weighs more than fat....the scale is not important.  I started a new work out routine this week that involves lifting weights and I am sore today so maybe it is some lactic acid build up.  It will all work out in the end, right?

I have read that my body needs 2300 calories to survive and build lean muscle, but I just cannot take that plunge yet.  2300 sounds incredibly high and I translate that to some major weight gain and not all of it being muscle.  I do know that it probably does need more than my usual 1200-1300 to build muscle instead of burning muscle when I work out and lift weights, but I just have not decided on a happy medium yet...any thoughts? So, there ya have it...my first weigh in of the new year and it was eye opening.  It is a new year and a new me!  I will not live by what the scale says!

1 comment:

  1. The good thing is that because you are starting a new routine with the weights you will have awesome results because you are shocking your body with something new! Now see because I've already been working out so long I have to workout longer and harder because my body is already used to it :( I was putting lotion on yesterday and realized I have some strong ass muscles in my legs and my biceps are looking pretty tight too, so I'm going to focus on those positives! I just need to work on my abs some more this year.

    ReplyDelete