Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A little update...

Well the past week or so has flown by and there is not enough time in the day to get anything accomplished.  I have been fighting off some horrible sweet cravings for the past week and to be honest I indulged quite a few times.  It has been rough and my scale has confirmed it.  There is always tomorrow, right?

I am back on track and have lost the 2 lbs I gained last week and yes, that means I paid $5 into our 90 day weight loss challenge.  On the other hand, my mom is killing the competition.  She has lost 15 lbs in the past 5 weeks and my dad is not too far behind.  They have done an awesome job eating and working out.  We all got memberships to Lifetime fitness and while it is sort of pricey it is amazing.  We all really enjoy going up there.  It is big and spacious with plenty of machines so you don't have to wait.  It is clean and the kid area is big and my kids like going there.  The kid area is included in our monthly cost and they will watch them for up to 2 hours each day.  The best part is the pool, sauna, and hot tub area. It is sort of like a hotel without rooms.  We all go work out and then swim with the kiddos for a while.  It has been fun!

So, I really am going to take some pictures at the beginning of March to see it there are any visible differences in my body.  My weight has pretty much been around the same for the past 2 months, but I feel like I am building some muscle.  I can't tell too much and/or maybe it is all in my own little head.   Who knows, but the next 2 weeks are going to be really busy with K's birthday, going to Austin for Chad's grandmother's birthday, and then Great Wolf lodge the following weekend.  I am so excited about GWL, but not excited about the bathing suit part...can we say pasty white skin...Ugh  

2 comments:

  1. Girl, your Mom is killing it, that is so awesome!!! That's so awesome about Lifetime, my Dad is a member and takes M swimming there like every weekend :) Just slap on a little self tanner before GWL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm I say the word awesome a lot.

    ReplyDelete