Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday Weigh In 8/6

I have been off the wagon and have not weighed in since Tuesday a week and a half ago, but it is time to face reality.  I didn't have a scale last Saturday and then when Tuesday rolled around this week I was really bloated and gross so I didn't weigh in.  Oh well....

So, I have been super busy this week cooking during every second of extra time I have had.  I'm trying to stock up and put healthy meals in my freezer for when school starts again.  After reading Stephanie's comments from a friend about "eating clean" and my mom doing it a while back and me sort of trying it, I have decided to really go for it.

It is not a "diet" but a lifestyle change and not easy because all of the quick things to grab and eat at the store don't work so it takes preparation and thought to plan out meals and snacks.  You are supposed to eat 5-6 small meals a day and should never be hungry.  It pretty much means no white flour, sugar, some dairy, and processed foods.  You cook with organic and natural ingredients.  I don't have all of that on hand at my house so it has been countless trips to the grocery store.  I found a great website with tons of recipes.   Check it out.  I have tried a few and to be honest some are good and some are not good, but I'm sure it is because my taste buds are used to all the processed yucky food.  You just have to look through and find the ones that sound good to you.  I have stuck with it for 3 days now and I like how it makes me feel, but I have to get better about planning before school starts.  I will have to plan  and cook food for breakfast and lunch on the weekends so they are easy to grab and take with me each day during the week.

I will keep you updated...So as far as my weight, I have lost 1.4 lbs since my last weigh in a long time ago.  I am really hoping to be at the 10 lbs lost since this blog began by next weigh in.  I was hoping to lose 10 in a month, but with my going off the wagon the last 4 days of July, it didn't happen.

STATS:
Current Weight: 163.6 lbs
Weight Lost since last weigh in: 1.4 lbs
Total weight Lost:  8.2 lbs

1 comment:

  1. Good for you girl! I tried the Avacado Pesto and it was SPICY! Like way to spicy to eat so I think it needs some adjustment on the chili flakes :) Thanks for the website!

    ReplyDelete