Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Such a struggle

Why is it that making good food choices is such a struggle?  Why is it that crappy food tastes so good?  Why do we have to be teased with temptation constantly?  These are some of the things I started thinking about this morning.  I have lost the couple of pounds gained in the past week, but all I want to do is eat cookies and oreo breakaways(new recipe from pinterest).  I don't really know why I want to eat them so badly because 9 times out of 10 I feel really shitty afterwards.  My body has been yelling at me about how much I suck!  My stomach has been hurting and I have felt nauseous.  I'm pretty sure it has  to do with the huge amount of sweets I have been eating lately.

I really do think my body has been craving healthy food, so I chopped up some peppers and mushrooms tonight and thawed some ground turkey.  I am going to make some wraps for lunch that will last the remainder of the week.  Dinner is sort of up in the air because I have family in town and it just depends on what they all decide to do.  I know that I will be eating some tamales Thursday and Friday because we are all getting together on Thursday and making them from scratch.  They are going to be so YUMMY!  I can't wait to eat them...not make them.  It is a lot of work and it is a long process.  Oh well, it will be so worth it.  

How are you doing over the holidays?  Mine could be a lot better if L was not sick.  It is so hard to get anything done when he is sick.  He just wants to be held and cry.  I feel bad for him because I can't do anything to help because it is a virus and just has to run its course.  I have been super busy with trying to fit in things when he is asleep.  I still have to finish shopping and wrap presents.  It took us 5 hours on Saturday to find K the "right" bike.  I think she is going to be so happy about it.  I can't wait to see her face!  I'm kind of pushing it and procrastinating.  I hope you have an awesome Christmas!

STATS:
Current Weight: 152.0 lbs
Weight Lost:  20 lbs  
 

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm going to need a cleanse in January to get rid of all the sugar in my body! We;ve been eating out daily because of running around and family being in town too, it's rough. I haven't cooked dinner in over a week! It's crazy how easy it is to gain 5 pounds and how HARD it is to lose it!!!

    ReplyDelete